Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Into the Woods

The sophisticated world is a highly corruptible world. Money, power, beauty. All of these are temporary but folks spend their entire life pursuing them. Success is measured in dollars, possessions and the accolades of the media. I think I would prefer to measure my success in chickens. Or maybe goats.

I am about to withdraw. Leave civilization (practically) and head for the country. Of course, living in the United States means that no matter where you are, you'll still be close to some city. Today I live in Smyrna, Georgia, right outside Atlanta. Tomorrow I begin the big move to Villa Rica (pronounced EXACTLY as it's spelled, no Spanish inflection, please), Georgia. Villa Rica is 35 miles from downtown Atlanta (where I work) and 30 miles from the Ala-damn-bama border. In between a rock and a hard place.

The transition begins....

No comments: